“If You Have Enthusiasm, A Positive Attitude And A Few Basic Fitness Skills, I Have A Fun And Fulfilling Personal Training Career Just For You!”
Dear Prospective Fitness Trainer,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit this site. It’s my hope that you have precisely what I need in a fitness trainer so I can take this page down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding coaching position I have available.
So let me tell you about me, my company and the coaching position. My name is Ivan Eterovic and I run a mobile fitness and nutrition coaching company called Fitness Xplosion servicing the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne.
My business is dedicated to helping women and men achieve their health and fitness goals through customised nutrition and fitness programmes.
And business is booming!
I’m looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to start training some of our current clients. My company services suburbs from Fitzroy to Ivanhoe.
I currently offer one-on-one customised nutrition and fitness programmes, group coaching classes and nutrition counselling which educate, motivate, and support women to improve their health and fitness. All clients begin with an initial 12-week coaching package which includes: nutrition counselling, exercise programme design, nutritional supplements, monthly fitness assessments, weekly training sessions with us, either in home or local park.
If you are hired for this coaching position, you’ll begin coaching clients in home or local park, and be introduced to a fantastic team of trainers.
Bottom line: we are looking for part time and full time employees. You will be paid as an independent contractor and have the opportunity to move up to full time. You will go through a 90-day trial period, where we make sure you are the right fit for our team. Our service offers a casual fun environment and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful personal training business.
Oh yeah, I’m also very fair, respectful and appreciative. I like having fun and making money providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly, treated fairly and I will certainly look for ways to pay you more for your efforts if they warrant it. I want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others… because that’s what we do in my service.
Tasks You’ll Be Expected To Perform
- Develop Comprehensive Health & Fitness Programmes For Clients: You’ll receive coaching and training on our fitness system and programmes, but you’ll have flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client’s success in our programmes, you’ll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, review client nutrition and exercise log worksheets and more on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness programme to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform Fitness Evaluations: Ideally, you’ll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, bodyweight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that’s a bonus.
- Coach clients through 12-week programme: You’ll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients your working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her programme, you’ll coach and motivate client and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc) and be able to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy lives forever. You’ll be provided with educational tools and resources, will be expected to study them and speak about them with your clients. We also spend time covering this in our weekly staff meetings.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Good Communication Skills: you will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality – must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting service and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
- Health and Fitness Education: You do not need personal training experience, but you should have a working knowledge of health and fitness
If you have these additional skills, your application will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- National Certification
- Certificate IV in Fitness
- CPR Certified
How To Apply
I’m looking to hire the right person to hire relatively quickly. So if this job sounds good to you, then do the following:
- You MUST complete the form below. You can also….
- Write me a letter explaining why you are the perfect person to fill this position. Include full contact information (name, address, phone, email) on this cover letter.
- On a separate sheet of paper list at least two or three references with phone numbers and what your relationship is with the reference (i.e. previous employer, university lecturer, etc).
- Put the cover letter and referees on a separate page and staple together.
- Mail to: Ivan Etorovic, Fitness Xplosion, 29 Railway place Coburg, 3058
I will review your resume. If we feel you’re a good prospect, I’ll call or email you to set up a personal interview. The sooner I get your resume, the better. This will not be a long, drawn out process. I believe in taking action quickly. So get your resume over to me pronto!
I look forward to reviewing it and hopefully meeting you personally. Again, thanks very much for your interest,
Principal Fitness Consultant, fitness Xplosion
P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform, you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and taking care of our clients. If that’s you, I promise that your contract is only the starting point. I recognise and reward performance.
With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I’m a very positive, upbeat business owner and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills I mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So submit your information today!
Please complete the form below to begin your application..